Here's a fun and simple Easter Piñata How-to you can do with easy-to-find craft materials you have around the house. With Easter just around the corner, this is a great activity to do with the whole family.
Tissue Paper Easter Piñata Crafting How-to
- Cardboard to make your two matching shapes – cereal boxes or Amazon boxes work great
- 2-3 cardboard strips
- Fringe – any kind of paper works; tissue paper, party streamers of many colors, newspaper, magazines
Preparing your piñata shape
- Draw your Easter Egg, Chicky or Bunny shape onto the cardboard and cut out. You'll need two, a front and a back
- Prepare your tape: cut 2" strips of masking tape and have them handy for easy access
- Take your cardboard strips and roll them up to make them pliable
- Take your cut cardboard shapes and place some tape strips all around both pieces
- Take your cardboard strips and place around the first cardboard shape using the tape already adhered
- Take the second cardboard shape and place over cardboard strip that's already taped to the first shape
- Make sure to leave an opening in the cardboard strip that is not taped so you can stuff in your piñata goodies
Decorating your piñata
- Take the paper strips to decorate your piñata and make fringe, cutting slits halfway up the width of the paper strips
- Add glue to the uncut side of the fringe and start placing it on the piñata shape, from BOTTOM TO TOP
- Make sure to place the next fringe piece slightly above the previous piece to begin to form layers of fringe (as you see in the picture above)
- Continue alternating with different colored fringe, until you reach the top of the piñata
- Decorate your piñatas with paper flowers or other colorful objects you have available
Check out this Piñata Tutorial on our IGTV for a visual of the process.
Tag and share your pictures with us on Instagram @Artelexia so we can be inspired by your creativity.
What are you filling these colorful Easter Piñatas with? Share with us in the comments below.
Leave a comment